Low-Cost Internet Services
Free Wi-Fi in Your Area
If you are having trouble getting online to use these programs, there are many public locations where you can find free Wi-Fi usage.
This link uses Google Maps to find free Wi-Fi in your area: http://www.openwifispots.com/
You can also find free Wi-Fi in places such as those listed below.
National Chains with Free Wi-Fi
To see if there’s a location with free Wi-Fi available near you, check their website and restaurant locator.
Other Free Wi-Fi Options
Lowering Your Internet Rate
Connect2Compete by EveryoneOn is a program for K-12 students and provides affordable Internet and devices to students and families that qualify for the National School Lunch Program. C2C is offered in partnership with leading cable companies, including Cox, Bright House Networks, MediaCom, Suddenlink, Comcast’s Internet Essentials and others.
Eligible customers receive fast, affordable Internet for as low as $9.95 per month (plus tax). For most customers, there is no deposit required, contracts to sign, or installation or modem rental fees.
Do I Qualify?
A family may qualify for EveryoneOn’s Connect2Compete program if they satisfy the following requirements:
- Have at least one child eligible or enrolled in the National School Lunch Program.
- Have not subscribed to Internet service within the last 90 days.
- Have no outstanding bills or unreturned equipment.
Cheaper Internet Through Major Providers
If you currently subscribe to a major internet provider or know the major provider in your area, you can use the following links to find less-expensive internet rates:
- AT&T home broadband: https://www.att.com/shop/internet/access/#/
- Comcast: https://internetessentials.com/
- CenturyLink: http://www.centurylink.com/home/internetbasics/
- Cox: connect2compete.org/cox/
If you didn’t see your company listed, you can go to Google and search “Lifeline” and your local company to see what offers they have.